Google is making the smart choice, during these Coronavirus-troubled times, they’ve opted to cancel all in-person Google I/O 2020 events. The show will still go on, it will just be virtual. Learn about the future of Android from the comfort of your own home in May.
OnePlus may usually launch phones later in the year than this, but it looks like the OnePlus 8 series could be here in about a month. This could be an interested series, as we have speculation for a OnePlus 8 Lite as well. The top-of-the-line OnePlus 8 should compete with the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S20, but the Lite should still pack a punch for half the price. We’re at least hearing about a 90Hz display, 5G connectivity and a MediaTek shipset.
I own one of the least valuable Google phones, ever, what about you? An interesting, and somewhat depressing, analysis has been released covering the resale value of most popular smartphones. It’s sad to see the depreciation on our beloved Android phones, but here it is. Check out the list to see how well types of devices, individual brands and many phones are holding their value.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Android saves lives! – We almost feel bad for pushing this article too hard, but, there are major advantages to great battery life, good work Huawei.
- Penny for your thoughts – OnePlus needs your help, share your thoughts on OxygenOS, maybe your request will be in the next software release.
- Say goodbye – Did you know there was a Xiaomi Mi Store in the UK? Well, it’s gone now.
- Xiaomi Mi 10 coming soon – A subtle hint should mean a global release of the phone, soon.
- Black Shark 3 looks slick – Want L & R gaming buttons? This phone’s got ’em.
- There’s a modest phone – New mid-range machine may not be Motorola’s finest.
- How much?!?! – Jewelry-laden, precious-medal-coated Samsung Galaxy S20 options have a few zeros in their price tag.
- Don’t break it – With or without jewelry, the Samsung Galaxy S20 isn’t a pleasure to repair.
- They’ll fix it, though – No, not Sammy, OnePlus is launching Doorstep in India, bringing repair service to your home.
- Apps and more apps in our Android Apps Weekly – Snoopy Puzzle Journey, Mario Kart Tour, Scrabble Go and more apps hit the market this week.
From around the network:
- Before you buy, you should learn how to fly – Drone Rush
- The best music streaming services – SoundGuys
Deals of the week:
- Our pick for device deal of the week is the Fossil Sport for just $90.
- Our AA TechDeals deal of the week is the MATLAB and Simulink Machine Learning Master Class
Samsung Galaxy S20 and MNML Case giveaway – you’ll love ’em both
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.
Join our newsletters!
We guarantee 100% privacy. Your information will never be shared. Sign up now and get FREE access to our upcoming exclusive AA Insiders Club: