The MLB’s 2019 World Series between the Washington Nationals and Houston Astros has lived up to the billing so far. The two top teams in the league are facing off in a best-of-seven battle to see who will be this year’s champions – and we’ll help you live stream every World Series minute!
The men from the capital took first blood on Tuesday night, with a closely fought 5-4 win. But then they really made the statement 24 hours later when they pummelled the Astros by a massive 12 runs to 3. But the Astros have hit back on the road, taking two back-to-back wins largely thanks to some crazy offence.
The Washington Nationals are heading to the World Series for the first time in franchise history after sweeping the Arizona Cardinals in the NLCS.
The team won every game in the series and, because of this, they’ll be going into Tuesday’s first World Series game well rested and ready to take on the Astros. Could the Nationals win their first ever World Series?
The New York Yankees may have won their first game against the Houston Astros in the ALCS championship but Houston was able to turn things around and the team went on to win games 2, 3 and 4. The Yankees then won game 5 but when the two teams returned to Houston for game 6, Jose Altuve secured the Astros place in the 2019 World Series with a walk-off home run in the 9th inning. The Astros won the World Series just two years ago in 2017 but will the team be able to do it again?
Whether you’re a Nationals fan in DC, an Astros fan in Houston or just a fan of the sport of baseball, we’ll show you how to live stream every game in the 2019 World Series online from anywhere in the world. Keep reading and we’ll guide you through all of the options to watch this year’s World Series on your TV, computer and even on mobile.
- Check out our guide to the best sports streaming sites
How to watch a World Series live stream from outside your country
We have your viewing options below if you want to watch the baseball from the US, UK or Canada, including the routes you need if you don’t have cable access.
However, try watching your usual online coverage when you’re abroad and you’ll soon discover that you can due to broadcasters’ geo-blocking. No, we don’t suggest you go running to Reddit to see where you can stream a dodgy, illegal feed. It’s by utilising a VPN – or Virtual Private Network – that allows you to change the IP address of your laptop or mobile to one in a different state or country which does have the stream so that you can watch the series from anywhere in the world.
How to watch the Washington Nationals vs Houston Astros in the US
If you’re in the US and want to watch the 2019 World Series on TV, all of the games will be shown on Fox. For those who are out and about but still want to catch all of the action, Fox will stream every game live on its Fox Sports Go app but you will need to login using your cable provider’s credentials.
Alternatively, cord cutters can watch the World Series online via a sports streaming service. We’ve listed our favorite options below to make things easier for you, so keep scrolling down to see our favorite streaming services for watching MLB online.
How to stream World Series 2019 with MLB.TV
Other ways to watch the 2019 World Series online
The dedicated MLB.TV won’t be for everyone. If you want a paid option that includes other television and sports, then going for a more all-encompassing plan might be better for you. Below are some other options to consider.
But remember that the same applies if you’re trying to watch the your home team play locally during a blackout game – you’ll need a VPN to do so, so check out how to do that above.
World Series streaming for cord cutters
- Sling TV $25 or $40 – Sling TV is an inexpensive way to watch baseball though you’ll be missing out on games shown on the MLB Network. The service splits its content into two different TV packages which does make things cheaper though to stream MLB you’ll need to sign up for both. Sling TV is compatible with Apple TV, Roku, Xbox One, Chromecast as well as lots of other devices and its easy to get started with a 7-day free trial.
- Hulu with Live TV $45 – Hulu with live TV includes ESPN, ESPN2, Fox, FS1 and TBS but does not come with the MLB Network.
- DIRECTV NOW $50 per month – DIRECTV NOW gives users all the channels needed to watch MLB online and also comes with some extra channels as well. If you want a lot of content to choose from and don’t mind watching the games live as the service doesn’t include cloud DVR, then DIRECTV NOW’s 7-day trial will let you test out the platform.
- fuboTV $19.99 for the first month – fuboTV has a low introductory price though after that the price goes up to $44.99 a month and includes 70 channels. Unfortunately it does not have ESPN, MLB Network or TBS though it does offer strong local coverage and 30 hours of cloud DVR storage. fuboTV does has a free 7-day trial available so you can test out its functionality for yourself.
- YouTube TV $40 per month – YouTube TV includes ESPN, ESPN2, Fox, FS1, MLB Network and TBS. Google’s service includes all of the networks that carry national baseball broadcasts though you’ll have to check out its welcome page to see which local networks and regional sports networks are available in your area.
How to stream Astros vs Nationals live in the UK
UK baseball fans trying to watch the 2019 World Series can do so on BT Sport which is included in BT’s TV bundles. If you aren’t a BT Sport subscriber, you can sign up for the BT Sport app for £10 a month with the first three months free or subscribe via Sky TV or TalkTalk TV for £29.99 a month.
Not in the UK but wanting to watch the BT Sport stream online from abroad? Then you’ll want to go scroll back up and read about how to use a VPN to watch from anywhere.
How to live stream Nationals vs Astros in Canada
If you live in Canada and have a cable subscription, you’ll be able to watch the 2019 World Series on SportsNet.
Not interested in signing up for cable just to watch some baseball? Don’t worry as MLB.TV is also available in Canada and with the Postseason Pass you’ll be able to watch the entirety of the 2019 World Series for just $24.99.
2019 World Series full schedule
Game 1: Washington Nationals at Houston Astros on Tuesday, October 22
Game 2: Washington Nationals at Houston Astros on Wednesday, October 23
Game 3: Houston Astros at Washington Nationals on Friday, October 25
Game 4: Houston Astros at Washington Nationals on Saturday, October 26
Game 5: Houston Astros at Washington Nationals on Sunday, October 27
Game 6: Washington Nationals at Houston Astros on Tuesday, October 29
Game 7: Washington Nationals at Houston Astros on Wednesday, October 30
All games start just after 8pm ET (5pm PT, 1am BST) and games 5,6 and 7 will only be played if necessary